Our efforts are funded primarily by the generous donations of individuals, groups, and businesses across north-east Wisconsin and the entire United States. We are very grateful for all the help we have receive from everyone to this point.
We do ask people to please follow a few guidelines when donating supplies to our effort.
Please, no opened packages. All donations must be in original manufacturer's packaging. Items not in original packaging must be disposed of.
Please no used socks. We absolutely will not send socks that appear worn.
Please observe expiration dates. We cannot use items with expired dates. Items with less than 2 months left before their expiration date will be given to local charities.
Please no aerosol. Aerosol products explode when shipped.
Please nothing with alcohol, pork, pork flavoring, or sexually explicit. We won't send them.
Please only travel size personal care (except foot powder and tooth brushes). We send to people with very limited storage capabilities.
Body wash is preferred over soap. Bottles of body wash dropped in a dirty shower can possibly still be salvaged. Dropped soap is hard to salvage healthily. Also, a wet bar of soap will attract more germs than a capped bottle of body wash.
Please no water-consistency liquid items. If the packaging ruptures, the liquid damages the rest of the product in the box.
- Any ready- to-eat items
- Apple cider mix (packets)
- Beef jerky
- Cakes (microwavable better than Little Debbie, longer shelf life)
- Canned chips, salsa, cheese dip
- Cappuccino mixes
- Cereal, individual boxes or instant
- Coffee singles (many do not have access to a coffee pot but do have hot water)
- Coffee, regular or flavored (13oz or smaller cans)
- Cookies & crackers
- Granola bars, pop tarts
- Gum, hard candy, breath mints
- Jelly, jam, pickle relish sealed in plastic bottles
- Nuts, dried fruit, trail mix
- Peanut butter
- Power bars
- Pre-sweetened drink mix
- Soup, instant in envelopes or styrofoam cups
- Tuna (pouches are easier to open)
- AA & AAA batteries
- ATT international phone cards(60 min. or longer)
- Ball / glove football, soccer ball (deflate balls before shipping)
- Board games
- Books (Paperbacks cheaper to mail and easier to pack in small places. NO ROMANCE NOVELS, PLEASE!)
- CD's & DVD’s
- CD & DVD players
- Crossword puzzles
- Disposable cameras
- Frisbees, water guns
- Games, any kind (new or used)
- Hand held video games
- Magazines –outdoor, car, truck, sports (NO S.I. swim suit edition!) Remove address labels before mailing!
- Paper, pens, envelopes, greeting cards
- Playing cards
- Puzzles (Med. or small, space is often limited)
- Puzzle books
- Small TV’s
- Bounce (for fleas)
- Coffee pots, 10 - 12 cup electric
- Covered cookware capable of withstanding a campfire and rough treatment
- Cotton socks (Boot top or higher, Black, green, or white. The constant sand in boots destroys socks very quickly. White is healthiest but some groups prefer black or green.)
- Microwavable dishes
- T-shirts or Under armour shirts M - XXL tan or green
- Eye glass cleaner
- Greeting cards for all occassions
- Small can openers
Please donate travel-size personal hygiene items when available. Our service personnel are often traveling and need the convenience of small, easily packed items.
- Band aids
- Baby wipes
- Body wash
- Combs & brushes, nail clippers
- Dental floss (Good for teeth and revealing trip wires to mines!)
- Eye drops (for desert environment)
- Hand warmers for winter
- Insect repellent (lotion), flypaper
- Lip balm
- Mouthwash (Non liquid)
- Powder (foot & body)
- Razors & non-aerosol shaving cream (Mach III in high demand)
- Shower shoes (strong soles for walking on rocks Size M, L, XL.XL)
- Soap & shampoo
- Sun block lotion-SPF45 or higher
- Toilet paper
- Toothbrushes & toothpaste
- We do not need supplies for women. We have a large supply of women's needs at this time.
- Non-rewritable CD;s
- Thin plastic cases
- 6" x 8" padded envelopes
- Gallon resealable plastic bags
- CD labels
- Spiral notebooks (NO loose leaf paper, please.)
- Black or blue stick pens
- #2 American-made pencils
- 2" Pink or green erasers
- Small pencil sharpeners
- 16 or 24 Count American-made crayons
- Plastic rulers with metric markings (Wooden rullers break too quickly.)
- Blunt tipped scissors
- Colored construction paper (no black, brown, or gray)
- Glue sticks (no liquid glue please)